1. Overview. Medical U I, its subsidiaries and its affiliates (“MUI”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of its users. MUI’s goal is to provide you with a personalized Internet experience that delivers the information, resources and services that are most relevant and helpful to you. In order to achieve this goal, MUI sometimes collects information during your visits to understand what differentiates you from other users of medicalui.com. MUI operates under the following set of strict privacy principles:
a. The only information MUI obtains about individual users to its Web site is that supplied voluntarily by users/representative and as set forth below.
b. In cases when MUI may need personal information to provide users with customized content or to inform them about new features or services, users are explicitly asked for that information. Personally identifiable information provided by users (name, e-mail or home address, etc.) will not be disclosed to anyone unless users indicate that MUI may do so, or unless required by law, in conjunction with a government inquiry, or in litigation or dispute resolution.
c. Only statistical information about medicalui.com users as a group (usage habits, demographics) may be shared with any affiliate, subsidiary, sponsor, advertiser or partner of MUI, unless an appropriate confidentiality agreement is in place. MUI employs strict security measures to safeguard online transactions. All personal information is stored in a secured database. The following discloses MUI’s information gathering and dissemination practices for medicalui.com. Additional terms and conditions, if any, regarding the collection and use of your information may also be provided to you before you sign up for a particular service. Here you will learn what personally identifiable information of yours is collected, how and when MUI might use your information, how MUI protects your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
2. What Information is Collected. MUI collects certain information from its users in three ways: (a) from MUI Web server logs, (b) with cookies and (c) directly from the user.
b. Registration (User-Supplied Information). medicalui.com site registration systems require users to give MUI contact information such as their name, phone number and e-mail address, and demographic information such as a ZIP code. The user’s contact information is used to contact the user when necessary. Users may choose (opt-in) to receive future mailings; see the choice/opt-in section below. MUI uses this data to tailor the user’s experience at medicalui.com, showing the user content that reflects their stated preferences. This information may be shared with affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertisers or partners on an aggregate basis, but personally identifiable information will not be disclosed without the user’s prior consent.
3. E-Commerce. Some medicalui.com web site features may use applications to collect data to facilitate an e-commerce transaction. MUI will ask your explicit permission to transfer this data to a third party to facilitate this transaction. MUI may store this information to verify the transaction for customer service and accounting reasons and may use this information to help personalize your experience on medicalui.com. MUI may also share this information with other third parties on an aggregate basis, but it does not indicate the identity of individual users. See the External Links section below for additional disclaimers regarding third- party Web sites.
4. External Links. In order to provide users with greater value, MUI may provide links to various third party Web sites. However, even if a third-party affiliation exists between MUI and that destination site, MUI exercises no authority over linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. MUI assumes no responsibility or liability for these independent methods or actions and is not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites. Similarly, MUI cannot take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such Web sites. These destination links are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk. However, MUI wishes to ensure the integrity of the MUI Web site and its destination links, so any comments pertaining to medicalui.com or any sites accessed through MUI links are greatly appreciated. See the Contacting this Web Site section below.
5. Surveys and Questionnaires. medicalui.com online surveys and questionnaires may ask users for contact, demographic and other information. The user’s contact information is used to contact the user when necessary. Demographic and profile data is also collected at medicalui.com. This information may be shared with affiliates, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertisers or partners on an aggregate basis, but it does not indicate the identity of individual users.
6. Security. medicalui.com has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under MUI’s control. MUI employs strict security measures to safeguard online transactions. All personal information is stored in a secured database.
7. Choice/Opt-In; Review/Correct/Update; Contacting the Web Site. medicalui.com gives users the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from MUI at the point where MUI requests information about the user. This site also gives users the options listed below for removing their non-mandatory information from MUI’s database in order to stop receiving communications or MUI’s service; for reviewing, changing and modifying information previously; or should you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this Web site, or your interaction with this Web site by email to email@example.com